Click here for video >
- Our original airbrush made to cover quickly with bright, saturated colors, perfect for t-shirt painters.
- Createx Airbrush Colors are water-based paints made with an acrylic resin that is soft, creating what we call a “soft-hand feel” on fabrics. The softer acrylic resin (lower Tg value compared to Wicked Colors), allowing Createx Airbrush Colors to absorb better into fabric compared to Wicked Colors, which dries to a stiffer coating with less absorption.
- Generally spray best through a larger tip-sized airbrush at higher psi settings, but also work well 0.35mm tip-sizes airbrushes sprayed ~ 25 - 30 psi.
- Createx Airbrush Colors work well for a wide variety of applications in addition to fabric painting such as art, hobby & craft, and wood.
- Wicked Colors is a great choice for anyone new to Createx looking for one line of paint that does it all.
- Like Createx Airbrush Colors, Wicked Colors are water-based acrylic paints made airbrush or spray-gun painting.
- Wicked Colors air dry to a harder coating compared to Createx Airbrush Colors,.
- Wicked Colors are also generally more transparent compared to the Transparent Airbrush Colors.
- New Wicked Opaque Colors cover better compared to Createx Opaque Colors but are much stiffer after drying making Wicked Opaque Colors better for hard-surfaces like plastic and Createx Airbrush Colors better on fabric.
- Wicked Detail Colors are made with an acrylic resin sheered to a submicron size for a paint that atomizes well at lower psi settings and is more transparent compared to standard Wicked Colors.
- Wicked Colors spray best with larger to medium tip-sized airbrushes.
- Wicked Colors can be used to paint t-shirts, models, RC, aluminum, leather, wood as well as most hard-surfaces.
- Wicked Colors make excellent custom automotive graphic colors over existing finishes and top-coated with automotive 2k, solvent-based clears.
- New for 2021, all the Auto Air Colors pearls, metallics and effect colors are now under the Wicked Colors brand, as each were made with the same acrylic-resin. Wicked colors is now Createx’ s largest color collection.
- Createx’ s flagship line of airbrush paints made for fine atomization at low psi settings for line control and detail.
- Water-based acrylic paints made with the same lightfast pigments as our Airbrush Colors and Wicked Colors line, but with a unique resin that takes longer to cure allowing for soft erasing and manipulation.
- Illustration Colors spray well through generally any tip-size with less thinning required compared to Createx Airbrush colors or Wicked Colors.
- Illustration Colors are the most transparent Createx paint, other than candy2o with are 100% transparent dye colors.
- Illustration Colors are available in a wide palette range including:
- Bloodline, muted, earthy colors developed by special FX artist Tim Gore,
- Lifeline, a diverse set of flesh tones, and more including Opaque and grey scale colors.
All Createx paints can be sprayed out of the bottle, but most often flow better with a little thinning with 4011 Reducer. We generally recommend adding 4011 Reducer ~ 10% per volume to colors.
4030 Balancing Clear & 4050 UVLS Gloss Clear
- In addition to thinning paints with 4011 Reducer, another option is to mix one of our urethane clears with colors to increase adhesion and improve durability of the paint.
- This is not required but works well especially when painting hard-surfaces such as aluminum, plastic or airbrushing helmets, motorcycles and what we refer to as automotive.
- 4030 Balancing Clear is our original mix clear and works well when airbrushing. 4050 UVLS Gloss Clear is our newer mixing clear and provides a better paint-mix. 4050 is also better for use as a carrier-medium for our concentrated candy2o colors, pearl-flakes as well as being a better overall clear for use as an inter-coat compared to 4030.